This user hasn't shared any profile information
Home page: http://meada.net
Posts by MEADA
Safe Communities of Wright County participated in two Mock Crashes during prom season. The goal was to give teens a visual example of what happens in the event of an alcohol-related crash and the consequences that go along with it, including injuries, fatalities, and criminal prosecution. These are photo from the Crash. These photo are of staged actors.
Blood Alcohol Concentration Facts
Facts About Driving Under the Influence
- According to the CDC, 31% of car accident deaths involve an alcohol-impaired driver.
- Drunk driving doesn’t just cost lives; MADD estimates that it costs the U.S. $132 billion a year, $500 for every adult in America.
- In America, an average of 27 people are killed in a drunk driving incident every day, and someone is injured due to drunk driving every two minutes.
- MADD has found that kids who drink alcohol are seven times more likely to be involved in an alcohol-related vehicle accident.
- An average of two out of three people will likely be involved in a drunk-driving-related incident in their lifetime, whether they are the driver or are in a vehicle hit by a drunk driver.
Talking to Your Kids About Driving Under the Influence
- Teenage Drinking: Understanding the Dangers and Talking to Your Child: More than half of those younger than 21 in the U.S. have tried alcohol, which exposes them to many risk factors.
- Facts About Teenage Drinking and Driving: According to Students Against Destructive Decisions, or SADD, the fatality rate of alcohol-related incidents in young adults ages 18-20 is twice as high as that of those older than 21.
- Talking to Your Child About Drugs: Acting out different scenarios with your kids through role-playing can help them know how to act and what to say if they ever encounter a situation where they might be endangered by drugs or alcohol.
- When Should You Talk to Your Kids About Alcohol? The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that parents start the conversation about alcohol with their kids well before the age at which they might be tempted to try it.
Make sure you have a sober ride home the next time you go out with friends. Serving portions of Wright County, sober cabs can give you a ride home if you’ve had too much to drink or you can schedule a round trip and leave your car at home for the night.
A+ Taxi: 763-295-8294
Christie Cab: 763-913-4889
These socially responsible bars and restaurants may provide you with discounted cab rides home if you over indulge.
Just ask the bartender about a cab to get you home safe.
• American Legion #260, Monticello
• American Legion #323, Clearwater
• Chatters, Monticello (more…)