They connect to it. They download from it. They watch on it. They listen to it. They play on it. They surf on it. They converse with it. Do you know how to monitor it? It can be hard to keep up when today’s inventions are tomorrow’s antiques, but we want our kids to be safe online, and with the amount of time kids spend online, it’s crucial that you do what you can to keep them safe.
Did You Know?
- 75% of teenagers and 58% of 12-year-olds have a cell phone.1
- Teenage girls are twice as likely as teenage guys to research sensitive health situations on the internet,2 and mobile technology gives them even more privacy to do so.
- Teenagers are more likely to ask for a laptop computer than other types of computers because of a laptop’s mobility. Two out of three young adults (ages 18 to 29) own a laptop or netbook. 3
- Kids see a cell phone as a lifeline. The average teenager sends more than 2,000 text messages each month through a cell phone.4
- Two out of three teenage cell phone users take photos with the camera built into their cell phone.5 One out of two likes to play the pre-installed games that come with their phone.6
Information from: http://www.parentfurther.com/technology-media/online-safety